Saturday, October 16, 2010

Who'd a thought it would be a hit?

Pork Chop Sandwiches........
Besides having defrosted pork chops, I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner last night. I rummaged through the fridge and pulled out ingredients for what I thought might make a good sauce for the pork chops. (Tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, and a little leftover habanero salsa.) I threw it all into my food processor, and voila, the sauce was done!
Now, what the heck was I going to serve it with? I was out of rice, out of potatoes, out of pasta......oh wait! There are some leftover hamburger buns! Sweet!
 I toasted the buns, sauteed the pork chops, topped them with the tomatillo sauce, and called it a "Pork Chop Sandwich."
For a side dish I had one of those "ready made" broccoli coleslaws, so I just added a sesame-orange vinaigrette and called it DONE!
Who'd a thought it would be a hit?
Not me!..........But it was!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm. I love making something delicious out of nothing...so gratifying!

    ReplyDelete